Scuba Certification begins here! Start with PADI’s online eLearning Course before learning practical skills and taking ocean dives with Kauai Down Under!
INTRODUCTORY DIVER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 10 years old
- All introductory divers must fill out a PADI Medical Questionnaire found HERE. PADI Medical Questionnaire link also included in your confirmation email.
- Due to safety, you should NOT go to elevations above 1000′ within 18 hours after diving. This includes Waimea Canyon, Helicopter Tours and Commercial Airline Flights. Please keep this in mind when booking your dives.
- Non-Certified Diver ONE TANK DIVE
- Non-Certified Diver TWO TANK DIVE
- Certified Diver ONE TANK DIVE
- Certified Diver TWO TANK DIVE
Introductory Dives – For Non-Certified Divers (and certified diver friends/relatives)
First-time (non-certified) divers will experience the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program, which covers the fundamental rules and guidelines of safe scuba diving. This experience can also be applied toward your PADI Open Water Certification.
After a detailed, hands-on orientation, divers will enter shallow water and practice four basic scuba-related skills. These skills are designed to build confidence and to show you just how easy scuba diving really is.
After satisfactorily completing the skills portion of your lesson, you are qualified to dive to a maximum depth of 40 feet under the direct supervision of our PADI instructors.
The entire process for a two-tank introductory dive experience from arrival to departure takes approximately 3.5-4 hours. Should you choose to only do a one-tank dive, then the approximate time will be 2.5-3 hours from arrival to departure.