Health & Safety of Guests and Staff is our Top Priority!
During the past few months, our staff has been implementing new procedures for trip operations, modifying our facilities and adjusting our expectations for the 2020/2021 season and beyond.
These changes are aligned with guidelines, recommendations, and mandates from local, state and federal agencies. They include enhanced cleaning protocols, social distancing and adjusting operations to keep all guests and staff safe.
We’re going to look a bit different moving forward, but still provide the same high quality service standards that you’ve come to expect. As a local family-owned business, we truly appreciate your support during these uncertain times and look forward to safely exploring the ocean together soon!
Previously we had a 48 hours cancellation policy. Our new 24 hours hassle-free cancellation policy gives guests the flexibility to change date or get full refund for cancellations made 24 hours before a scheduled tour.
Feeling Sick? Stay Home!
Guests or staff who are feeling sick or know that they have been exposed to COVID-19 are REQUIRED to stay away. If a guest or staff member begin to show any symptoms or feel ill in anyway, they will be asked to leave the tour and our facilities.
Our staff will be wearing face coverings when appropriate during your visit. We require that everyone on our properties and locations have a face covering and use it when in close proximity to others. Failure to comply will result in the tour being cancelled and considered a day of cancellation NOT eligible for refund.
Limited Contact Check-in:
To minimize our eliminate opportunities for transmission, we have designed a limited contact check-in procedure.
* When necessary additional check-in times will be added to minimize guest interaction between reservation parties
* Guests will receive a link to our digital liability waiver in the confirmation email. Please have one waiver per adult completed before arrival (minors can be on the same waiver as an adult)
Equipment Sanitization and Cleaning
We request that guests please limit contact with equipment they are NOT personally using. Our staff have put additional cleaning procedures in place.
* All Scuba & Snorkeling equipment, will be cleaned and disinfected after every tour. This includes, BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit, Fins, Booties, Masks, Tanks, Scooters & Boat. All cleaning and sanitizing will be done using procedures and products verified by the CDC and FDA.
* Boat will be thoroughly cleaned between every trip
* Rental gear will be properly rotated so it is only rented to one guests per day.
* Regulators, specifically 2nd stage mouthpiece and internal surfaces, snorkels, BCD Oral Inflator & Masks will face extra protocols for sanitization due to their use.
* Brand new mouth pieces will be available for purchase if guests would rather have a brand new mouth piece on regulators and snorkels. ($8)
Trip sizes will be reduced to maintain proper social distancing.
* Groups for SHORE DIVES of 4-6 certified divers and groups of 4 non-certified divers will get their own guide
* Groups for SHORE DIVES with less than 4 divers have the option to book their own guide for a flat rate ($550+tax, no additional charge for gear for certified divers, $650+tax, no additional charge for gear for non-certified divers or combination of certified/non-certified)
* Dive boat capacity for certified divers will be reduced to 4 divers, 1 dive master and 1 captain. Should a group of less than 4 wish to have their own boat tour and crew, this will be available for a flat rate. ($700+tax, no additional charge for gear)
We will NO LONGER be providing transportation for any of our tours to help eliminate being in a confined space. Guests will be responsible to use their own method of transportation to get to and from the dive site or snorkel locations. Please pre-arrange a taxi if you don’t have a rental car.
All staff are required to frequently wash their hands throughout the day. Guests are also expected to wash their hands regularly and thoroughly before, during and after activities. We will have hand sanitizer in all of our vehicles and on our vessel where hand washing with soap and water is not possible.
* Maintain a social distance of 6 feet and avoid direct contact with other people
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
* Make sure you and people around you follow good respiratory hygiene. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and dispose of that tissue right away.
* The CDC recommends wearing a cloth face covering and we strictly require this when not in water.
*NOTE: Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are incompatible with compressed gas, especially oxygen-enriched gas. If alcohol-based hand sanitizers are used before filling cylinders, ensure hands are completely dry and all alcohol has evaporated before touching.
It is strongly advised to ensure you use the restroom facilities at the hotel or lodging accommodations prior to arrival. The only facilities we have access to are port-o-johns at the shore dive site and public restrooms at the small boat harbor. Should you need to use one of these facilities, you should be prepared to properly sanitize on your own.
Health Concerns & Diving:
At this time, PADI has not modified liability waivers for COVID-19. However, according to DAN (Divers Alert Network) there are still many unknown questions regarding a diver who has had COVID-19 and wishes to return to diving. If you or anyone in your party has had, thinks you have had or has been exposed to COVID-19, please inform your reservations agent or dive master right away. We will REQUIRE A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL waiver prior to you joining a tour.
Snacks & Beverages:
All tours provide snacks and beverages. To help prevent contamination and spread, the staff will be the only one to reach into the bins and will distribute to all guests.
For tours previously with lunch included, this will be discontinued for safety concerns.